• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

How do I turn Off Update Notifications

ultravista

Master Brewer
Reaction score
Every time I start Beersmith I had a pop-up regard an available update. For a while now, I have ignored it. I acknowledged the update and downloaded the file - but did not update, in hopes that it would stop prompting.

Well, it didn't.

Now the prompt is for the update iteself, which I am not interested in applying at this time.

How do I suppress these notifications?

Select Tools / Options / Advanced

Look for Autosave and below that is a checkbox to Check For Program Update.  Uncheck the box and  click OK.

There are no options there, or anywhere that I have found yet, that has this.

This is the option that in 2.3.12.  If you aren't on 2.3.12 maybe it was added after the version you are on.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    15.9 KB · Views: 367
I found advanced, however, I cannot find a way to disable the update nag.

I'm guessin that the reason you cant find it is because you have a version that doesn't support it.

Perhaps you are correct. There might be a way through the registry or ... ?

Is it possible that you saved your latest update and didn't install it? If it installed you shouldn't get an update message when you start BS.

I did download the file but do not want to install it now. I downloaded to suppress the message - well that didn't work out. Now I get the install nag every time I start BS.

Can't see any reason not to install it. That would get rid of the irritating message.

ultravista said:
I did download the file but do not want to install it now. I downloaded to suppress the message - well that didn't work out. Now I get the install nag every time I start BS.

Installing it wont mess up your recipies or anything

Back