• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Late Extract or Sugar Addition vs Pre-Boil Gravity

LeafMan66_67

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I'm an all-grain brewer and sometimes have either a late sugar addition (15 minutes prior to boil ending) depending on the brew.  Even when adding the sugar at using the "late extract addition" at 15 minutes, the pre-boil gravity is still calculated as if the sugar addition has already been added.

Other than saying "add after boil" is there some other option within Beersmith to have late additions removed from the pre-boil gravity?  I used to have the same issues when doing partial mashes.

Thanks,

Derek

I believe this will be addressed in an upcoming release.

That would be nice.  That used to freak me out when I would check gravity and be way low before the sugar addition. 

To compensate until it's fixed, you can decrease that late-sugar- item to zero and note the pre-boil gravity without it as your marker.

Thanks maltlicker for the work around and I guess that will work for now, but getting this corrected would be nice.

Back