• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

licensing options

alexj

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi, ive tried to read through the licensing options and also some of the threads available to understand the different offerings but im still not crystal clear on the variations.

Im a long time Beersmith2 user and I still use this regularly to document and plan my brews and very happy with the features available up to a point where i think its reasonable to chip in some money to Brad for his efforts maintaining the product. Im running this on a desktop computer and im pretty much not really interested in the cloud versions but hey, i could be wrong so heres my question.

If I buy a 3 year GOLD subscription for 41 bucks compared to the 35 for basic will this include the desktop software (perpetual license usage for that install) as well as a subscription for the web edition for 3 years as something to test out and evaluate and when the 3 year subscription ends my desktop install is still licensed to me for my personal usage?

I just want the desktop software but for an additional 6 im willing to test it out and also contribute slightly more to beersmith business. But if desktop perpetual license is not included in gold then ill buy a basic license and just keep doing what im doing today.

Could anyone help with a clarification on the licensing model?

And thanks for a very nice piece of software, helps me a lot as a homebrewer to keep a good structure and planning before, during and historical records of my brewing.

/Alex

The major difference really is that the Gold subscription includes both the web version (bundled with it) as well as major version updates (like BeerSmith 4 when its released). The web based version you can use from any device including your phone or tablet using any web browser.

The basic (one time purchase) option does not include the web based version, and also does not include major version updates, so its basically just like the old BeerSmith 2 license - a one time purchase of BeerSmith 3.x desktop, and if you later want to upgrade to a future version like BeerSmith 4 or 5 you would have to purchase that separately.

Brad

Upvote 0
Back