• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mobile app water adjustments

karthil

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Just purchased the mobile app. And I'm figuring out some of the idiosyncrasies. Overall, I like what I've seen. Regarding water, I see how to add water profiles (e.g. from my local water report) and how to select the desired profile. But I don't see functionality analogous to the desktop app which allows selecting the base profile and target profile whereby the app would calculate the required additions to reach the target profile. I only see an option to manually dnote the additions you want to make. Am I missing it or is that option not available in the mobile app. Thanks!

Unfortunately that is not in the mobile app, but it is in the web based app that you can run from the web brow on your phone by logging in at BeerSmithRecipes.com

Thanks very much for the quick response. I guess it's unlikely to get added to the mobile app at this point...? It would be a bit unwieldy to switch from the app to the recipe, potentially back and forth as I upload a recipe.

It is on my "to do" list to add in the future, but not yet complete. Some people are using the web version over the mobile version now as it does have additional features as it is newer. Both can work on your cloud account recipes.

Thanks again, Brad. Good to know it's on the list. I don't know if sharing to the cloud works well for me given I don't plan to have a subscription to the web based version and I guess you can't edit recipes without one? Anyway, thanks again for the quick responses.

You can run a free trial to run it for a month, but it is packaged with the desktop version so if you purchase a Gold or higher desktop version you also get the full web version with it.

Hello! I understand that you are looking for a function in the mobile application to select the base and target profiles, and to calculate the extras needed to achieve that configuration. However, based on the information you provided, I think that the mobile application you are using does not provide this feature.
Instead, as you mentioned, the app provides an option to manually note down the additions you want to make. This means that you have to manually calculate the extras needed to achieve the target configuration and add them to the list.
If you need to calculate the target configuration of your system, you can use a number of online tools to help you calculate the required additions. Some tools like PC Part Picker or Build My PC can help you calculate the target configuration of your computer system. You can then use this list of add-ons to add them to your mobile app
Hope this helps you!

Back