• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Modify the New Recipe template values?

climber9

Apprentice
Reaction score
I'm wondering if it's possible to set values like "Measured Pre-Boil Gravity" and other measured fields to zero (or blanked out) when opening a new recipe form. It currently puts in pre-set values like 1.050 and the indicator dot is blue next to the value.  I'd rather see a red dot and no value until I'm ready to fill it in after the boil with the actual measured value.

There are many other fields throughout the new recipe form that behave the same way, and it would be really helpful to not have those fields pre-filled with completely arbitrary values.  Of course, the Estimated fields are very helpful to have pre-filled in since they are based on the recipe and efficiency settings.

Is there any way to modify the default values in the New Recipe template?

--thanks!

Indeed you can! You can set a default recipe template with everything you use.

Create a new recipe. Add all of the common items that you use, like irish moss, a basic amount of grain, favorite bittering hop, etc. Name it something like "Baseline" or similar generic title.

Set the equipment profile to your system.

Set the beer style, mash, fermentation and carbonation profiles to your most commonly used.

Zero out all of the user input fields.

In the home tab, click "Save as Default." That button is hidden in plain sight, near the left side of the Home ribbon.

Now, when you create a recipe, all of your most common settings and ingredients are there, along with clear records fields.

Back