• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Other BeerSmith Products You Would Like to See?

What other BeerSmith products would you be interested in?

• A BeerSmith Book (inc selections from the blog)

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • A BeerSmith Radio/Podcast Show (weekly)

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • A Beginning Brewing DVD

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Intermediate/Advanced Brewing DVD

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Other (add your suggestion)

Votes: 17 36.2%

• Total voters
This might not be the forum for this question but, when using BeerSmith , after saving a recipe why doesn't my inventory get reduced by that amount , or am I doing something wrong?
 Please don't think I'm complaining.

You're right Shane, please post this question under "Support".

on a non-software comment, I'd like to see a nice HEAVY-material (something that would last and be comfortable) Beersmith T-shirt.  The new beersmith2 logo is pretty cool, and well, thats my 2cents

Newbie here... my 'brewery' isn't near my puter...any plans for an Android app that can act as a simple recipe reader and data recorder that can synchronize with the BeerSmith PC database?  It wouldn't need all the bells and whistles,  just the helpful  brewday tools.

Hi. An iPad version please. I would love to be able to work in recipes without having to be on my computer.

BeerSmith said:
MaltLicker,
  I actually do have a set of BeerSmith tutorial videos now and they are free - you can reach them from the main BeerSmith.com site - I did most of them last Christmas.

The videos got me interested in media since I ended up purchasing most of the audio equipment needed for a podcast or videocast for the screencast work.  I may explore a podcast a more a bit later this summer once I have a few other projects off my plate.

If I do a DVD, I might have the videos online as well so one could purchase once and access either.  Perhaps a downloadable iPod version as well.

I'm certainly not discarding BeerSmith or slowing work on BS 2.0 - but I am thinking of what people might like to see once I start to wrap up the main BS 2.0 effort.  We've had very good success with the blog with a large following, so I am exploring what other efforts I might be able to spin off.  A book/kindle book, for example, is not hard to do as I have most of the material already created as a series of articles on the blog.

Cheers,
Brad

Video blog?

Of we had a way to take recipes from the computer to the smartphone, that would be AMAZING. in iPhone and/or Android app that could have shopping lists, timers and notes that can be imported to the mobile device and then upload results or changes back to the desktop or laptop.

Add in a couple of brew day calculators (gravity correction, refractometer conversion, etc. ) and you'd have the ne plus ultra of brewing software.

I would prefer to see all attention going towards more rapid improvements and feature enhancements of the Beersmith software (there are some great ones posted in this forum), rather than in other directions.

There are plenty of books/blogs/podcasts/video shows out there for homebrewers. Your software seems to be one of the best out there, and it's priced very reasonably (thank you for that). I think there are many feature enhancements that could be made to the software. Judging from some of the most responded to suggestions, I know everyone would love to see an Android and IOS version of the software. Why not start there? Brewing calendar integration with Google Calendar? Bulk recipe buying for planned upcoming brew sessions? Regular updates to ingredient suppliers ingredients (new hops and yeast, etc.)

I think there are enough of us picky users out there to keep you busy on Beersmith alone  :D

I would like to see BeerSmith2 run on an IPad.  It is easier to take to club meetings and share recipes and techniques with fellow club members than taking a Laptop.

I know you are probably tired of hearing it, but an app for the iphone/ipad would be great for shopping and reference. Just something simple to display the xml file would make me eternally happy. At least for a while. :)

Mobile app that syncs w/the desktop app, runs timers/calendar (mash timer, boil timer, fermentation schedule), etc.  I always have my iPhone w/me outdoors when I'm brewing & it would be great to be able to enter gravity readings, temps, notes, etc and have them sync to my master desktop BeerSmith DB.  Right now I'm using another company's mobile product and then have to transfer the #'s into BeerSmith when I get inside.

Thanks
  I'm building the "synch" service now (which is also a large recipe sharing site) which will form a basis for the mobile apps.  I'm planning to start developing mobile versions shortly.

Brad

BeerSmith said:
Thanks
  I'm building the "synch" service now (which is also a large recipe sharing site) which will form a basis for the mobile apps.  I'm planning to start developing mobile versions shortly.

Brad

Great idea. It would be great if we could not only share recipes, but ingredients as well. For example, there are several new hops and yeasts that get released, as well as other additional malts, spices, etc. Someone might put in the work to add these to their ingredients database, and being able to share them with others would be a benefit to all who use the software.

For example, I might take the time to add all of the East Coast Yeast profiles to my yeast database. Being able to share these as an add-in for others would save everyone else the time.

Hi Brad,
I'd be keen on an iPad version of Beersmith, with cloud support for recipes.
Lee

I's like to see all the functionality that was in BS 1.4 restored into v2.0 before you start branching off in other directions.  The "What can I brew?", in particular, was VERY useful for many of us out here.

wanlord1 said:
+1

Like finish BS 2.1 before you start something new.

+1000

There have been a lot of bugs reported against the current Beersmith.  It seems to have been neglected in favor of creating new revenue streams.  While I think we understand the business necessity of that....the desktop program is feeling like an "also ran"...or meerly an entry portal for the real money-maker, beersmithrecipes.com. 

There are a number of competing products out there now, and some are doing it quite well.  Another generation or so, and they will be able to vie for top spot....

Is there a BeerSmith Forum App for our phones.  I would like to access the forum when away from the computer.  I know you can visit the BeerSmith web site but I can't handle the scrolling and resizing to be able to read anything.  A Forum App would be great.

Thanks,
  I'll look into the forum app.

Also my next project is to do a long list of updates to the desktop version.

Brad

Back