• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Pale Chocolate Malt

wdolfert

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I don’t know if this is the place to post this, but will start here. I am building some recipes in Beersmith3 as I start to learn how to use it. Several of the recipes that I have use a Pale Chocolate Malt. I haven’t been able to find anything that matches this in the fermentables ingredients. I did do an add-on with Thomas Fawcett Malting; Northern Brewer has a Pale Chocolate Malt that is made by them. However, when I add the malt using Thomas Fawcett as a search, it only lists it as a Chocolate Malt.

Can anyone help me with a way to do this? Looking to add the right thing into the recipe without going back to the book everytime.

Thanks,

Warren

Select "Ingredients" on the top menu bar, click on "Fermentables" and then on the Add Fermentable icon in the upper left corner of the screen. Enter all of the relevant information from the product page on the Northern Brewer site. For this malt I'd also enter 0 in the box for diastatic power. The maltster's site sometimes has more information than the retailers provide.

Upvote 0
Back