• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Polar Ware 60 qrt. Brew Kettle with Sight Gauge Review

KellerBrauer said:
Greetings to all those who have been watching this thread, I have good news!

First, I submitted a complaint through the Wisconsin BBB to the company listed on my product literature --  and that company was not Polar Ware.  In any case the company was based in Wisconsin.  Hence the reason I had to use the Wisconsin BBB.  Anyway, I received a response from a company called Vollrath Co., LLC. Apparently, Vollrath Co., LLC now owns the Polar Ware name.  So basically, long story short, the representative stated they would have their distributor  --  LD Carlson  --  find a glass sight gauge for me and would also give me a $50 credit toward the purchase of the glass gauge!!!  Not bad!!

I accepted the offer.  However, the Wisconsin BBB  --  brain dead as they are  --  dropped the ball and Vollrath never received my acceptance letter.  So, I contacted Vollrath directly, exchanged a few e-mails with the account manager and he has agreed to replace my 15 gallon (60 quart) kettle less the sight gauge and sight gauge mounting holes.  The exact same kettle I have, but without the plastic sight gauge.

Ecstatic over this solution, I agreed and my brand new kettle is on the way to my house.

So the Wisconsin BBB enabled me to make contact with the manufacturer, Vollrath Co., LLC  --  they helped me to get their attention.  But I believe direct contact would have also worked and a resolve could have occurred sooner.  In any case, I'm okay with the end result.

Nice :) glad it worked out!

Back