• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Reset preferences or complete install/reinstall on Mac

markov

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I'm getting back into brewing after a long break and would just like to do a reset on the preferences I had on Beersmith 3 as I think I might have messed things up before. I don't mind doing a fresh install if needed but just want to be sure it's not picking up any old configuration. I'm not worried about losing any previous configuration/recipes!

Any tips on how to do this would be appreciated

Thanks!

Last edited:
If you want to do a complete and full data reset (which will wipe everything) you need to to the following:
  • Back up your existing data as a precaution by going to File->Full Backup to Zip and saving that file somewhere safe. That zip file contains individual files such as Recipe.bsmx which you can use later to recover recipes if needed.
  • Close BeerSmith before proceeding.
  • For windows, go to Windows File Explorer and type in "%APPDATA%" into the navigation bar there and press enter
  • This should take you to your Application Data/Roaming folder. There is a folder called "BeerSmith3" under this. Rename that folder to something like "BeerSmithOLD"
  • Restart BeerSmith and it will come up with a clean copy and likely ask you to activate. You will be starting from scratch.
  • You may need to free up an activation slot by deactivating an old copy here: https://beersmithrecipes.com/licenses before you can activate your reset copy.
Brad

Back