• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Segmentation fault when trying to print in Ubuntu

stenaloom

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to use version 3 for a while but never got it working properly. So far I've just remained on version 2, but this one doesn't connect to cloud folder anymore so I can't use it either.

I am using v 3.2.8 on Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS.
Whenever I try to print the program crashes.

15:34:59: SLib::Init - logging started
15:34:59: BeerSmith3
15:34:59: SLib::Init - Creating BResource
15:34:59: SLib::Init - Loading resources
15:35:00: SLib::Init - Loading opts table
15:35:04: BSApp: m_scale=1000, m_xpix=8, m_ypix=16

(beersmith3:70029): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 15:35:04.286: gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion 'size >= 0' failed in GtkScrollbar
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Try going to Options->Reports and check the box that says "Print to Browser".
This will force printouts to go to your browser instead where you have more
control over the print settings and output.

Brad

Access to the file was denied

The file at /home/stena/.beersmith3/Reports/bsxtmp_1823124760.htm is not readable.

It may have been removed, moved, or file permissions may be preventing access.

I checked - the file exists and my user/group is the owner.

Seem to be missing a library which I cannot find in Ubuntu packages:
beersmith3: error while loading shared libraries: libtiff.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I've not tried this but a quick google says you should be able to install this package:
Code:
sudo apt install libtiff6

Got it working (had to upgrade Ubuntu), but don't see any improvements. Still segmentation fault when trying to print and access denied when sending to html. The only workaround is to generate the html and then copy to another location and print from there. Which is not ideal.

Back