Server Migration Issues on Forum

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Hi,
  We did a significant server migration last night for BeerSmith.com and also the forum.  This was a "much needed" upgrade as the old server was several years out of date from a service and technology perspective.

Unfortunately some posts from yesterday (10/27) were not properly carried over, and I've been reluctant to move everything again for fear of wiping new data added since then.

I do apologize.  If you have a long post you lost or other data please let me know and I can try to log into the old server and recover it.  This was a one-time server migration event and I'm not expecting any service interruptions in the future.

Brad

Brad-

There were several additional posts made in the following thread that seem to have been a victim :

http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php/topic,15526.0.html

Thanks Tom,
  I can go back in time and restore everything but that will also wipe anything done since last night's upgrade - thoughts?

Brad

I think your fix on failure approach is probably best.  I doubt there was much missed.  As it happens I'd written several moderately long posts in that time window trying to help someone wire a fermentation chamber.  If it were just conversation, I'd just have retype it or blown it off. 

Back