• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Timer Failed

sbehnke

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was using BeerSmith 2.3.4 during my brew day on Sunday on my iPad and it appears that the application got quit while it was in the background and was unable to restart the timer upon reopening it. When I tried to start the timer again it said it was already running but it didn't show me how much time was left. I ended up stopping the timer and restarting it but when I tried to set where I was in the process the steps didn't seem to pick up where I thought they should. Is there a way to prevent this form losing the timer values during a brew session or do I need to resort to using a normal stopwatch while brewing?

Thanks!

Greetings sbehnke - I feel your pain.  I have had issues twice with the BS timer and I can tell you, the BS timer doesn?t like interruptions.  What I have started doing is keeping my own timer on my iPad in case something happens.

Glad to know I'm not alone, but that's sad. It makes it so I cannot use my phone as a phone while I'm brewing.

Back