• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

using chromebook

BrewCat

Brewer
Reaction score
I use other software but was trying to compare. Does this software work on chromebook or on mobile

Solution
You can run the web version from a Chromebook. You can try it for free by just setting up an account at BeerSmithRecipes.com - you access the web version from BeerSmithRecipes.com as well from any browser.

Note it is a separate login for BeerSmithRecipes.com but you can set up a free account and trial there.
You can run the web version from a Chromebook. You can try it for free by just setting up an account at BeerSmithRecipes.com - you access the web version from BeerSmithRecipes.com as well from any browser.

Note it is a separate login for BeerSmithRecipes.com but you can set up a free account and trial there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Solution
well I tried and when I try to sign in I get a message that member already exists but doesn let me sign in with the password I use to acess the forum. Im not the most computer savy I admit

Upvote 0
The forum and recipe site use two different logins. I looked up yours and it appears you have an account "BrewCat2" on the recipe site - possibly you registered before?

Upvote 0
Been fooling around with the recipe builder. Is there a way to import recipes from other software

Upvote 0
Yes but you need the desktop version to import XML at this point. The desktop is included with the web version.

If you have only a small number to import you can also mail them to me and I can upload them to the web version.

Upvote 0
Yeah I have a desktop I can use. Mostly I build recipes on my phone or Chromebook sitting on the porch ill try it later. I do have alot of recipes but i can just transcribe my next brew for now. Its BIAB with a P rest with infusion to 149 them 2 decotions. I'll try and enter it

Upvote 0
You can open the files on the desktop, then copy/paste from the open file tab to My Recipes. From there its easy to copy them up to the cloud as needed.

Upvote 0
You can open the files on the desktop, then copy/paste from the open file tab to My Recipes. From there its easy to copy them up to the cloud as needed.
Well I was able to upload one of my recipes on the desktop and open it but when I try to view it on the chromebook only the sample recipes which I deleated show up. I like the editor but moving in my files seems cumbersome, probably easier to just input them manually.

Upvote 0
You need to put the recipe in your cloud folder - copy it from My Recipes and paste it in your cloud view and then it will show up in the web version.

Upvote 0
Oh it was in the cloud folder yhen moved it to the beersmith folder. I'll try again thanks

Upvote 0
Yes anything you put in the cloud folder will also show on the web based version and BeerSmithRecipes.com - they are private by default so the public cannot access them unless you explicitly share a recipe.

Upvote 0
OK got it to come up now Im trying to create a BIAB decoction profile that I use. Any tutorial on that

Upvote 0
I'm not quite sure how you might easily do decoction in a BIAB system but perhaps you can drop me a PM and I can help you set up something for what you have in mind?

Upvote 0
Back