• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Utility request

prrriiide

Apprentice
Reaction score
I use honey in many of my beers. In BS3, I only have the options in the drop-down for the addition timing: Mash, Steep, Whirlpool, etc. BUT, there's no option as to timing. I sometimes like to add the honey with anywhere from 0-15 left in the boil, to achieve different effects/goals. Allowing me to customize that addition time (just like a hop addition) would be a nice utility to have.

I personally don't boil honey anymore as it boils off some of the aroma. You can add it directly to the primary or secondary as honey in its natural state is antibiotic.

However if you want to do this (as a workaround) you can change the honey "type" to extract and treat it as a late extract addition. To do so edit the details of the honey ingredient and change the type on it to extract.

Brad

Upvote 0
Back