• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Weyermann grain update

Roadrocket

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Could we have an update for the Weyermann grains?

I have a recipe that uses Abbey Malt and Carabelge but neither are included. I've noticed there are many other Weymanns grains missing. The Dingemans malts also need updating. This is important for brewers in Europe where these grains are widely available.

You can be the one to create the needed database and then export it here. In the US, the online information about Weyermann is limited to color and usage percentage, leaving us to guess at the rest. Not the best way to create a database.

A phone call or two to any small brewery in your area should yield the name of the importer. In turn, they should have access to malt lot reports, which will have all the details to create a good database of their malts. 

If you have trouble translating the tech sheets for the database, you can PM me.

Back