• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Where are the other malt extracts listed?

jvanwest

Apprentice
Reaction score
I have version 1.4 and I see that there are a number of standard commercial extracts and some newer hops not listed.  Is there a download somewhere I am missing?  I have the following recipe that I am trying to put into BrewSmith - This is the Short's Brewing Company "The Magician".

Ingredients
6.6 lbs. (3 kg) Briess light, unhopped, liquid malt extract
6 oz. (170 g) cara-pils malt 
12 oz. (0.34 kg) Munich malt
4 oz. (113 g) crystal malt (60 °L)
12 oz. (0.34 kg) crystal malt (80 °L)
2 oz. (57 g) roast barley (450 °L) 
3.9 AAU Cascade hop pellets (60 min.)
    (0.75 oz./21 g of 5.25% alpha acid)
2.6 AAU Cascade hop pellets (30 min.)
    (0.5 oz./14 g of 5.25% alpha acid)
1.3 AAU Cascade hop pellets (5 min.)
    (0.25 oz./7 g of 5.25% alpha acid)
1⁄2 tsp. yeast nutrient (last 15 min.)
1⁄2 tsp. Irish moss (last 30 min.)
White Labs WLP 013 (London Ale) or Wyeast 1028 (London Ale) yeast 
0.75 cup (150 g) corn sugar for priming (if bottling)

Step by step
Steep the crushed grain in 2 gallons (7.6 L) of water at 150 ºF (66 ºC) for 30 min. Remove grains and rinse with 2 quarts (1.8 L) of hot water. Add the malt extract and boil for 60 min. Add the hops, Irish moss and yeast nutrient as per the recipe. Add the wort to 2 gallons (7.6 L) of cold water and top off with cold water up to 5 gallons (19 L). Cool the wort to 75 ºF (24 ºC). Pitch the yeast and aerate heavily. Ferment at 68 ºF (20 ºC). Transfer to a carboy, avoiding any splashing. Condition for one week and then bottle or keg. Carbonate and age for two weeks.

Thoughts or help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Jerry van West

Hi,
  You can download vendor specific listings from the main support page:  http://beersmith.com/support.htm

Cheers,
Brad

Thank you so much!!!  This is such an awesome tool.  I just need to learn it more. ;D

Jerry (newbie brewer)

Back