• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Yeast Attenuation

jjocsak

Brewer
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing this, but, is there a way to add yeast attenuation to the brew log? At present I use Promash and have to manually add all my data to and Excel spreadsheet and noticed that BeerSmith does the same thing under the brewlog list. To me yeast attenuation is important and would like to see it (at-a-glance) with the rest of the data. Also is there a place to add a bottling date?

I don't believe you can currently display the average yeast attenuation on the recipe listing, but it would be very easy to add this column to the next version.  I just put it on my "to do" list.

I'm not sure which attenuation you want, as there are several: Average yeast attenuation from the yeast database, then there is also calculated Apparent Attenuation and Real Attenuation - I can add any or all of these to the next version pretty easily.

I do not have a bottling date, but on the brewsheet view it is calculated based on your age and fermentation parameters (i.e. primary days, secondary days and age for parameters).  I can also add these dates to the column display if you want in the next version.  

Thanks for your suggestions!

Cheers!
Brad

I'm looking for apparent attenuation. Also I would like to put a bottling time in manually because many times I have to delay bottling . That way I know approx. when it will be ready to drink. I usually let it in the bottle 4 week. Those additions would be nice.

OK,
 I added these to the "to do" list...thanks for the suggestions!

In the meantime, you can put them in the notes section for reference later.

Thanks,
Brad

Back