• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

2 Suggestions - Total Efficiency Field and Dropbox Syncing

chappy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello, first time posting, I have 2 suggestions:

1) I like the fields that you are able to customize on the "Design" tab.  One field that is missing is the "Total Efficiency" (calculated field) that is located on the "Fermentation" tab, in the "Brewhouse Efficiency" section.  Can you please make this a field that we can add to the "Design" tab?
2) I like to store my database file on dropbox, so I can sync it across multiple computers.  Is it possible to bake this functionality into the software, including the mobile apps?  I understand this competes somewhat with the beersmith cloud, but it adds additional features: syncing of custom ingredients, profiles, etc.

chappy said:
1) I like the fields that you are able to customize on the "Design" tab.  One field that is missing is the "Total Efficiency" (calculated field) that is located on the "Fermentation" tab, in the "Brewhouse Efficiency" section.  Can you please make this a field that we can add to the "Design" tab?

This already exists in the design tab. It's next to the equipment profile bar, called "Tot Efficiency". It's editable and is part of the equipment profile, as well.

The one you are referring to is input by the user, as an estimate.  The one I was referring to is calculated by the software, after you've entered in the results of your brewing.  Seeing them both allows you to see how close you came to meeting your estimate. 

I the design tab, from the select fields list, "Actual Efficiency" is what you seem to be asking for.

Back