• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BrewEasy by Blichmann

Kamgator

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Was perusing the Blichmann site and found something new (to me anyway).

http://blichmannengineering.com/products/breweasy

I appreciate there is some efficiency loss but the compactness and relative simplicity hold some appeal.  Anyone have any experience with one of these systems?

Yes.  I just bought one.  They say you get a 10% efficiency loss, which for the size is reasonable.  It's very compact.  If room is an issue this is definitely the smallest footprint of them all.  I heard there's a recall on the RIMS version, which I think would have been a great pick up- to be able to do it all inside, or in garage with doors closed, but I think that's a couple months out.
The only thing I don't like is the stand.  It is definitely compact, which I suppose is the design, but I find myself hunching over (unnecessarily, but still...) because it sits so low to the ground-  I wish it was 18" taller.  I also wish the stand came with the flowmeter option.  Again, maybe unnecessary, but I'm also using the system as a three tier system when I don't need the extra space, and it would be nice to have. 

Anyways- It's truly the most compact system I've seen.  It is all well build and pretty :)  you will be the envy of your friends.  I'm happy with the purchase.

Waldo

There aren't too many people with these yet. I'm curious what you think of doing smaller brew sizes? Would doing 10 liter or 3 gallons be feasible with the breweasy? I know the flow control has some limitations, but haven't been able to find much about this setup.

Back