Author Topic: Update for new BJCP guidelines  (Read 11762 times)

Offline goldenbeagle

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Re: Update for new BJCP guidelines
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2015, 09:59:23 AM »
Suddenly, today they showed up, right at the top of the add on list where they should be.  Very odd.

Thank you to all that responded!

Offline firefly765

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2015, 07:47:27 AM »
Is there a way to "import" the 2015 BJCP guidelines to all my previous recipes saved in Beersmith? Or, do I have to manually change it to every single recipe?

Offline Oginme

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • Goats, guitars, and a home brew; Life is good!
    • Longvu LaManchas
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2015, 10:02:34 AM »
Unfortunately since every recipe is its own self-contained entity, you will need to go in and change each one separately.
Recycle your grains, feed them to a goat!

Offline brewfun

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • Malt dust is just alcohol's glitter
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2015, 02:56:42 PM »
Is there a way to "import" the 2015 BJCP guidelines to all my previous recipes saved in Beersmith? Or, do I have to manually change it to every single recipe?

You would have to change them manually. 

However, the best thing to do is just update your new recipes and rebrews, but leave the old ones as-is. This'll give you a clearer idea about what you were aiming for when you first brewed the beer. It'll also show how your beer evolves if you change it to adapt to the new guidelines.

Plus, the new guidelines contain more styles and have collapsed some older ones together. That gets tricky for a piece of software to decide for you.

If you're not already using the Brew Log function to document your brew sessions, now is a great time to start. This leaves the original recipe untouched and allows you to modify and record what you did on brew day.
Beer Appreciation is the space between pints.

modification