• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Aloha from Hawaii!

benjah

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi there, my name is Benjah, Im new to beersmith, but not terribly new to the homebrewing scene.

I live on the beautiful island of Maui. Its nice, to say the least. Clean air and water are a plus in my book. Im an avid outrigger canoe paddler and scuba diver. Its like living in a fishtank sometimes.

Started homebrewing by making cider (cuz I wanted to get my gf a buzz, ;) ) and quickly discovered that its way too warm out here to ferment stuff with creating fussel alcohols or off flavors. After a few botched attempts, I set the hard cider aside.

After speaking to a friend who works at the local brew pub, Maui Brew Co (gotta try their coconut porter) he said, "Why dont u just make beer instead of cider? You've already got almost everything you need to homebrew. SO- I stopped making cider (which I hated) and started making beer (Which I LOVED!)

25 malt extract kits later, I am proud to say Im hooked through the nose on this hobby. I recently upgraded my equipment to all-grain, and have made 2 batches so far. Im sure I'll be posting a lot of questions on here for all you awesome, super duper, advanced all grain brewers. Be gentle I beg!

Back