• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Help to customize a BIAB profile

lucianomx

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I would like to create customized (one to two) profiles using BIAB. In both I have a little kettle (30 Liters) which I use to mash in two different ways:

1) "BAG SPARGE": A mash using about 25 Liters, sparge the bag adding about 3 to 4 Liters. The boiled result in about 20 Liters to be fermented.

2) "BAG SPARGE + TOP WATER IN THE FERMENTER": A mash using about 20 Liters, sparge the bag adding about 4 Liters, and add more 3 to 4 Liters direct to the fermenter (regulating the desired FG), resulting also in about 20L.

There is a separate spot for fermenter top up water in the Vols tab. Using that might make hitting your numbers easier instead of using a mash step.

It won't let you edit the Sparge Vol when doing BIAB default profile if that is what you're using for a base profile. So perhaps adding an Infusion step might work.

Back