• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Custom report issues with v1.4

Tekman

Apprentice
Reaction score
I can no longer save custom reports with v1.4. I'm able to add them and use them just fine until I close the application. The next time I run the program, all custom reports are missing.

Is this a known bug?

No,
  I had one other person just report this about a day ago, and I'm starting to look into it.  The reports should be saved, but you are the second person to report an issue here.  I just tried it under Vista and there appears to be a problem saving the report formats to the options file.  I need to open the debugger under XP and see what the issue is.

I will certainly look into it and get back to you...

Brad

OK,
  I found the bug - it was a pretty subtle one (some data not getting flushed properly when closing), but I will have a patch out very soon.  Look for build 32 of version 1.4 coming soon...

Brad

you state build version 1.4 build 32 covers this problem. I just tried to update, and it said programs were updating, but I am still on build 31?? i am having the this same reporting problem.

you state version 1.4 build 32 covers this problem. I just tried to update, and it said programs were updating, but I am still on build 31?? i am having the this same problem with storing my own reports?

Hi,
  Some people have had trouble updating using the automatic update - usually its an FTP/firewall or ISP issue.

Try updating manually by downloading from our main downloads page and installing (instructions for upgrading are on the download page).  As always, I recommend making a full backup of your recipes before upgrading (go to My Recipes and use the Export command on the file menu to make a full recipe backup file).

VR
Brad

Tekman said:
I can no longer save custom reports with v1.4. I'm able to add them and use them just fine until I close the application. The next time I run the program, all custom reports are missing.

Is this a known bug?

I am experiencing the same problem described above in V1.4 Build 038. Any suggestions as to why this happens?

Pat

Pat,
  It could be a permissions problem that is preventing the settings from being saved from session to session.

If you are up to it, one solution is to reinstall BeerSmith to a subdirectory under your main user's "Documents" directory.  This will resolve the permissions problem.  Before you do this you should back up your recipes and other data using the Export command on the File menu to export "My Recipes" and any of the ingredient views you want to save so you can import them when you reinstall.

Brad

Back