Author Topic: BeerSmith Keyboard Shortcuts  (Read 2353 times)

Offline cheeseman

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
BeerSmith Keyboard Shortcuts
« on: July 08, 2015, 08:41:03 PM »
Hello,

Does the latest version of the BeerSmith software contain the necessary keyboard shortcuts so that one does not need a mouse?  I had seen comments suggesting that the software lacked significant keyboard shortcuts.  I did not want to install the latest demo only to find out that the software would not be functional with keyboard shortcuts.  This would also mean that I could not install the demo again on that particular machine.

The need for keyboard shortcuts is important to me because I am blind and I use screen reader software to navigate the screen.  I do not use a mouse.  Without keyboard shortcuts the software is of little use to me.

I brewed my first batch of beer in 1992.  The complexity of my brewing was limited because I could not read a hydrometer or a thermometer.  Recently, my significant other has joined me in the brewing process, and she is happy to read those things.  My goal is to someday have an all grain system.

I appreciate any feedback regarding the keyboard shortcuts.

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
Re: BeerSmith Keyboard Shortcuts
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 08:40:51 PM »
It is missing some important shortcuts, and I'm working hard to address this in the next update.

Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

Offline drwMrk

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Re: BeerSmith Keyboard Shortcuts
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 10:16:33 PM »
I'll echo Brad. On a Mac, lots of common shortcuts just don't exist. To the point that it is tedious. Glad to see this is on the radar for the next version.