• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith Keyboard Shortcuts

cheeseman

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello,

Does the latest version of the BeerSmith software contain the necessary keyboard shortcuts so that one does not need a mouse?  I had seen comments suggesting that the software lacked significant keyboard shortcuts.  I did not want to install the latest demo only to find out that the software would not be functional with keyboard shortcuts.  This would also mean that I could not install the demo again on that particular machine.

The need for keyboard shortcuts is important to me because I am blind and I use screen reader software to navigate the screen.  I do not use a mouse.  Without keyboard shortcuts the software is of little use to me.

I brewed my first batch of beer in 1992.  The complexity of my brewing was limited because I could not read a hydrometer or a thermometer.  Recently, my significant other has joined me in the brewing process, and she is happy to read those things.  My goal is to someday have an all grain system.

I appreciate any feedback regarding the keyboard shortcuts.

It is missing some important shortcuts, and I'm working hard to address this in the next update.

Brad

I'll echo Brad. On a Mac, lots of common shortcuts just don't exist. To the point that it is tedious. Glad to see this is on the radar for the next version.

Back