• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith mobile timer does not ring.

Jferraro1572

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I have used Beersmith for over 2 years without a problem. Recently my timer does not ring out loud when running. I am wondering if this is a bug with new iOS 9 for the iPhone?  I have the most recent update for Beersmith (2.2.59).  Please help! 

Check under the notifications settings under your main iPhone/iPad settings app.  Notifications need to be enabled for BeerSmith for the app to be able to play them.

Brad

I have recently lost timer sounds on my iPhone 5.  Notifications are enabled, but nothing happens when the  timer reaches an add point.

The timer notification doesn't work on Android 5.0 at all, I have a couple friends that have verified this as well.  The app is useless without the timer notifications, if you're like me and create your recipes on a computer and upload to the cloud anyway, I've been printing the recipes since I'm using the Android clock timer for brew sessions.

I'm also running Android (5.1 on a 2014 Moto X) and can confirm that no alarms are sounding, although the notifications are popping up. This is a critical feature for the mobile BeerSmith, would love to see it fixed. Running the full version, not BeerSmith Lite.

See the Android Open beta here which should fix alarms for newer Android devices:
  http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php/topic,14893.0.html

Brad

Just came to report the update fixed my Android alarm, reflected in my review as well, thanks Brad!

Back