• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Calendar

Gordon

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello brewmeisters,

I'm using v2.2.12. I've tried everything I can think of but I cannot get the calendar function to work. For example, if I add a new recipe, nothing shows up on the Calendar. When I try to add a Note to the calendar, it only seems to let me "choose" today's date, and there does not seem to be any way to go back a few weeks on the calendar and add a note.

Any help will be appreciated! I would very much like to get this function working.

Thank you,
Gordon in Madison

The calendar function can be modified a little by going to Options > Brewing > Calendar Options.

You'll choose which folder options to display, plus check the box if you want to see only the recipes with your name in them.

I use the Brew Log Only option. When I want to brew, I can go to any of the folders I have, highlight the recipe name, then click Copy to Log (hidden in plain sight in the middle of the Home ribbon).

Once in the log, I can modify the date and recipe for that brewing session. To make things easier, I keep all of the basic recipes with a date of 01/01/01, so that they sort to the top of the brew log and don't change the date until I actually brew it.

In the calendar view (which is very small and hard to read) you'll be able to click on any recipe name and modify it as the brew rolls on.

Thank you very much, that seems to have worked! It was the "Copy to Log" step that I had never done, and that puts the events into the Calendar.

A follow up if would be so kind. When you say "In the calendar view (which is very small and hard to read) you'll be able to click on any recipe name and modify it as the brew rolls on," would you elaborate on that? When I click on a recipe name, it takes me back to the recipe itself, which I am able to modify. However, I don't seem to be able to modify the ACTUAL dates on which events occur. Say I wait an extra 3 or 4 days to bottle from the secondary fermenter. The recipe puts in a standard date for that (eg two weeks), but I might like to change when that happens to some later date. How would I do that? I don't see a way to do that in the calendar or in the recipe itself.

Many thanks!

Gordon said:
When I click on a recipe name, it takes me back to the recipe itself, which I am able to modify. However, I don't seem to be able to modify the ACTUAL dates on which events occur.

The calendar is populating fermentation and bottling dates from the fermentation profile in the recipe. Change it there and the calendar will reflect the change.

Back