• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Any projected date on an updated product?

Toy4Rick

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Hi Brad, as a long time user of BS and really love it, I am anxiously waiting for the next version with better cloud and inventory integration.

Can you shed some light on a projected release date?

Windows 10
iPad
Android phone

:)
Rick

Brad, and for the record. I would be willing to pay for an upgrade since it's been nearly 4 years using it on the same dime. At some point we all pay for significant upgrades on all other software

Rick

paying for an upgrade is not a bad idea.
but its a bit tuff when some people just paid for the current version.

I agree, Brad should come up with a way to drastically reduce the price if purchased 6-12 months ago, full price for older than that and free is more recent.  Seems only fair to me

Rick

I agree... I would also pay for an upgrade.  I would love to see better cloud integration and updated water calculations, including mash pH, acid additions, etc.  I have to rely on the EZ Water calculator or Brewer's Friend to keep track of my water chemistry but would much rather work exclusively with Beersmith! 

I'm working on 2.3 now and hope to have it out before the National Homebrew Conference in June!

Brad

Thanks Brad for the update

Can't wait to see what you have in store, I mean "Inventory"  ;D

Rick

Hi Brad,

Just a few short weeks away from the National Homebrew Conference, will we get to see the new version before then?

Rick

June is almost at a end and still no news of how fare of the update is and of what is in the update.
you would think we would be kept posted if only to keep our interest seeing that most of us will be keen to update.

I think it would be beneficial to the user community to open up the feature and delivery process.  To keep the community in the dark is never good. Better to deliver small but often.

Version 2.3 is in beta testing for both Mac and PC platforms now and will be out in early August.  The product is stable and I've started developing the help files, tutorials and blog posts to explain the new features.  A blog post will be out shortly describing the major features.

Brad

This is great news Brad, thanks very much, can't wait

How about IOS and Android updates?  Following soon?

Rick

Back