• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Brewing in Manchester. Hello

Sparr0w

Apprentice
Reaction score
Just dropping a quick hello here, hoping to ask a few questions on the forums and gain better knowledge of brewing as I've been in my own little bubble for a long time. I've been brewing beer since I was late teens using mainly kits and a recipes passed from my Dad.
[2/3 ox hops - 2lb extract - 2lb Sugar - 1oz brewers yeast ] < that was given with the advice, keep it simple to start son.
well, things in the brewing world gets complicated quickly and now I've moved onto grain, and mashing my own Wort. (when I say that to my mates, it impresses them, but I'm assuming this is normal here.  :)

Sparr0w said:
Just dropping a quick hello here, hoping to ask a few questions on the forums and gain better knowledge of brewing as I've been in my own little bubble for a long time. I've been brewing beer since I was late teens using mainly kits and a recipes passed from my Dad.
[2/3 ox hops - 2lb extract - 2lb Sugar - 1oz brewers yeast ] < that was given with the advice, keep it simple to start son.
well, things in the brewing world gets complicated quickly and now I've moved onto grain, and mashing my own Wort. (when I say that to my mates, it impresses them, but I'm assuming this is normal here.  :)

Sounds like a normal start to brewing and thanks for being a Brit who uses imperial measurements so us Americans can understand they don't teach metric in school. So I never learned it.

thanks, I'm part of the generation where we had to understand both imperial and metric. and my scales are lbs and oz, so it helps.

Back