• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Ingredients jumbled when creating a recipe

killian

Brewer
Reaction score
I've been using Beersmith on and off for years. I've recently decided that I would switch back and have been working on loading my first recipe. It's going ok so far but I've noticed that the ingredients are listing oddly, it's not that big of a deal but I'm wondering if there is a way to change it. I started by entering the base malt and then moved on to entering specialty malts and hops. Looking at the recipe now the base malt is listed in the middle of the ingredients, one of the hop additions (first wort hop) is listed in the middle of the grains.

Is there a way to move the ingredients to adjust the way they list when viewing a recipe?

You can click the column headings on the design pane.to change the way ingredients are displayed. 

The only column heading I see is a small box that just says Ingredients and I can't select that are you using the desktop version bob?

killian said:
I've been using Beersmith on and off for years. I've recently decided that I would switch back and have been working on loading my first recipe. It's going ok so far but I've noticed that the ingredients are listing oddly, it's not that big of a deal but I'm wondering if there is a way to change it. I started by entering the base malt and then moved on to entering specialty malts and hops. Looking at the recipe now the base malt is listed in the middle of the ingredients, one of the hop additions (first wort hop) is listed in the middle of the grains.

Is there a way to move the ingredients to adjust the way they list when viewing a recipe?

Greetings killian - What version number of BS are you running, what is the operating system your running it on and is the version of BS the desktop or mobile version?

I wish I had the desktop version, I used it when I first started brewing but now I'm using the Mobil version.

Never tried the mobile version, but understand it doesn't have many of the features that desktop does.

This is pretty annoying, I almost want to buy a netbook or something so I can use the full version. Would BeerSmith work on a netbook?

killian said:
This is pretty annoying, I almost want to buy a netbook or something so I can use the full version. Would BeerSmith work on a netbook?

As long as it's running full windows then yes :)

KellerBrauer said:
killian said:

Greetings killian - What version number of BS are you running, what is the operating system your running it on and is the version of BS the desktop or mobile version?

Greetings killian - that is very odd indeed.  It sounds to me like there is an issue with the ingredient database or with the software not categorizing the ingredients as they?re being brought into the recipe.  Unfortunately, BS mobile does not allow a user to export.  Otherwise, I would ask you to post the recipe(s) so we can have a look.

I would suggest you post your issue in the BeerSmith Bugs and Support section of this forum.  I believe Brad pays particular attention to that group and may be able to assist.

I have both the mobile and desktop version and the ingredients are listed as they should be in both versions regardless which version the recipe was created in.

Regarding Netbook, without knowing what the OS this device is running, its difficult to predict if BS would run on it.  I know BS will run on Apple, Windows & Linux, if that helps.

Good luck, I hope you can get this resolved!

Thanks for the reply Keller I'll post in the bugs section also.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    234.8 KB · Views: 458
Back