• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Request "Measured Priming Sugar" field

GigaFemto

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Right now the software is based on carbonation. You put in your desired carbonation level and it tells you the recommended amounts of sugar for estimated bottling volume and measured bottling volume. The problem is that I don't know the measured bottling volume until after I have added the sugar. I need to use a specific amount of sugar based on my expected bottling volume. There is no way to record the actual amount of sugar used and combine it with the measured bottling volume to come up with an actual carbonation level. What I end up doing is going back after entering the measured bottling volume and tweaking the carbonation level until it requests the actual amount of priming sugar that I used. That is a kind of backwards. It would be nice to have a place to record the actual amount of priming sugar used.

--GF

Back