• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Water Needed calculation in Recipe View

Henway

Brewer
Reaction score
I see there have been other conversations about adjusting the water lost to grains as being definable for each ingredient (which would be fantastic), but I'm just requesting having the Water Needed (based on equipment used) on the Recipe View page.

When I'm inputting a BYO recipe or from Jamil's book, it would be nice if it not only totaled the grain bill and cost, but also estimated the water usage for the mash profile.  I currently have to click out to the Water Needed view and input the grain bill, then click back.  It would be very nice if there was a "countdown" based on this.  For example, if I needed 8.5G water total for the brewday, for that number to appear by the Mash Profile area so when I'm constructing my mash profile I know how much water I need for each step/sparge.

Excellent idea Henway, I find I am constantly clicking out of my recipe to the brewsheet view to see how much water is needed. It would be good to see this in the recipe view.

Andrew

Back