• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello from Bartlett, Il

B

BarnDog

BarnDog from Bartlett, Il / far NW suburbs of Chicago. I just brewed an all grain batch after an 8 year hiatis from brewing.

I still had grain from 8 years ago!  :eek:

I did'nt use the 8 year old grain, or just about anything for that matter. I refreshed the brewery with some new equipment and the BrewSmith software. I was using ProMash and it served me well but it does'nt hold a candle to BeerSmith.

Hope to get a lot out of this forum and maybe contribute a bit as well.

Glad to have you with us. Defiantly pitch in and help, or if there is anything we can help with let us know.
Cheers
Preston

Welcome Barndog!  I lived in Bartlett for about a year some time ago.  The the city, now wheaton.

I've only been brewing on my own for 4 months, but I'm about to embark on All Grain.

Hope your grogg comes out well.

Thanks, I started brewing about 15 years ago w/ my father in law. Brewed extracts for a couple years then went all grain with my wife assisting. That went on for about 5 years and then we packed it all into the closet when our child was born.

It's 8 years later and we just brewed an American Amber Ale, all grain. It's finishing its primary ferment right now. Things went very smooth. We have an American Pale Ale planned this weekend and a Stout or Porter the week after. This is the perfect time to brew for us as our ferment room (converted utility room) is a steady 65 degrees.

Should be an interesting Christmas this year. Grain, Hops, Yeast ....

Hey BarnDog,

I'm just south and a little east of you in North Aurora.  Pretty cool to get back on the horse again, huh?  Glad to have another on from the suburbs.

Dman

Back