• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Bug (?), Minor - "Last Modified" Date sort order

P

Phrak

Hi Brad,
Just a quick heads-up on a little bug I think I've found.

I've added a custom column for my Hops and Grain lists to show the "Last Modified" date of the item. This helps me quickly sort the hops and grain to show my commonly purchased items (and I'll diverge to a feature request on this shortly), regardless of the amounts I have in my inventory.

When sorting the lists by the "Last Modified" column, the sort order incorrectly sorts by the day only, ignoring the month or year in the sort criteria. See the attached screen-shot for details.

The issue is evident on the current version, 1.4.037 and also on (the previous ver I was using priot to an upgrade) v1.4.033.
Also evident on both WinXP SP3 and Windows Vista x64 SP1.

My Windows Regional Settings are set as English (Australia), but the same issue exists (with the same date format showing in the list! dd/mmm/yyy) when the regional settings are English (United States).
--------------------------------------------------------

Feature request:
Please, pretty please ;D can you include a check-box option to show only the items in stock when viewing the ingredient lists (grain, hops, yeast, misc) from the main program screen - identical to how you've implemented it in the recipe additions windows.

Thanks very much and keep up the great work!

Regards,
Tim

Attachments

• beersmith bug.jpg
    beersmith bug.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 415
Tim,
  Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  I will certainly take a look at it.

As for the inventory, you can use both the inventory view and sort the ingredients by inventory to get close to what you want now, but I will certainly look at adding a checkbox as well.

Cheers,
Brad

Another little thing I've noticed with the "Last Modified" column is that the date does not change when you use the "remove from inventory" function from a recipe. The "Last Modified" field appears to only be updated when you're manually modifying the ingredient.

I'm not sure if this behaviour is by design or not, and I'm in two minds if it is something that would be more useful left as-is or if it should be changed.

Perhaps you could consider adding an additional field for Date added? Maybe (if it's even possible to lookup back to the recipes) a field for "last used" or something?

I'm just brain-storming here ;D
Tim

Tim,
  Thanks for the tip - to some degree this is intentional because I'm trying to capture ingredients when modified for update (for example via automatic update or import and merge) and not just having a change in inventory.

I do think a "last used" date would be useful or perhaps a "most frequently used" to help sort ingredients by the most used ones.

Thanks,
Brad

I've noticed the same problem when a custom column is selected in the "reciepes overview".
Maybe the "Last modified" function has the problem everywhere it's possible to be used/marked.

Thanks for making the best brewing software ever :)

-Peter

Peter,
  Thanks - I thought I had fixed this but I will go back and look at it again...

Brad

Hi Brad, what release do you think it was fixed in?

My original bug report was for v1.4.037.

Tim

Back