Author Topic: Dissapearing yeasts  (Read 1431 times)

Offline JimBarnett

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Dissapearing yeasts
« on: May 27, 2019, 11:48:00 AM »
I have come across a glitch where most of the WhiteLabs and WYeast yeasts have disappeared from the Ingredients>Yeast tab.  I've looked in the backup yeastn.bsmx files and the yeast are missing there too.  The full lists of WhiteLabs and WYeast yeasts were there a few months ago, so they seem to have disappeared without a trace.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Offline brewfun

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • Malt dust is just alcohol's glitter
Re: Dissapearing yeasts
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 07:19:37 AM »
I'm not experiencing that. How are you sorting the items? A simple sort of the "Lab" column makes them easy to find.

Is it possible that you deleted accidentally? If they are gone, here's what I have for those companies.

Beer Appreciation is the space between pints.

Offline Oginme

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • Goats, guitars, and a home brew; Life is good!
    • Longvu LaManchas
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 07:52:33 AM »
The other thing to check is to make sure that you don't have the option checked to show only those ingredients in inventory when adding the yeasts to your recipe as this will filter out any yeasts that are not currently in your inventory.
Recycle your grains, feed them to a goat!

Offline JimBarnett

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 03:47:51 PM »
Thanks for the .bsmx files.  I was able to restore the yeasts from them.  I don't know what I did to make the original ones disappear but they didn't leave a trace.  It wasn't an issue of views or inventory (all sorts of yeasts that I have never used were showing up), but I've got a full yeast inventory now.

thanks again.
- Jim