Author Topic: Beersmith 3 on MacOS Catalina - OK  (Read 1542 times)

Offline jomebrew

• Global Moderator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
    • Jomebrew
Beersmith 3 on MacOS Catalina - OK
« on: October 11, 2019, 03:42:17 PM »
Installed and ran OK. No issues.. Except

Doing some QA testing, I found that opening and closing it a few times, shutting down with it running and powering it on again, the trial license expired. Elapsed time was about 15 minutes.

I was unable to reproduce the Another Copy Is Running issue but can see it happening if the machine is shutdown before beersmith is fully shutdown. I am using VMs running on a Mac Pro and it is super fast.  Looks fine using VNC. 

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
Re: Beersmith 3 on MacOS Catalina - OK
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 07:37:10 PM »
Thanks,
  I've had two reports of people with problems, but the problem is related to file permissions.  Catalina has new security permissions available under General Settings -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy and you may need to give the BeerSmith app to the Documents folder to resolve it.

This does not affect all users, but a few people upgrading in place have run into this issue.

Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

Offline jomebrew

• Global Moderator
    • Jomebrew
Re: Beersmith 3 on MacOS Catalina - OK
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 10:15:59 AM »
Thanks,
  I've had two reports of people with problems, but the problem is related to file permissions.  Catalina has new security permissions available under General Settings -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy and you may need to give the BeerSmith app to the Documents folder to resolve it.

I did not do any upgrade testing. Just fresh install of BS3 on a fresh install of Catalina.

modification