• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Error: Infusion temperature above boiling. Add more water

Rep

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I am getting the above error when viewing my brew steps.

I have been setting up new equipment profiles. Is that where I might find an answer? I have looked in the mash profiles but see nothing that look odd.

What this error means is that you are not adding enough thermal mass to reach the next steps.  I am guessing that you are doing a multiple infusion mash, yes?  IF so, you will need to re-balance your water inputs in your mash profile to have enough water for your temperature rises so that the temperature of this infusion water is not above the boiling point.

If you want some help with constructing the mash profile to meet your targets, feel free to export a recipe with your new equipment and the mash profile showing the error as a .bsmx file and post it here.  From that, we can understand your goals and help with reasonable water infusions to allow you to achieve your targets.

Thanks for the offer of assistance Oginme

I did make some adjustments to the water and I got rid of the error message. None the less, I am concerned my water profile is not where it should be for this recipe. If you would look at water volumes that would be great. BTW my mash profile is single infusion medium. I will perform a batch sparge.

Attachments

• Lake Chuck Red.bsmx
    32.9 KB · Views: 227
Water volumes look fine as a single infusion.  You can edit the mash profile and click on the box that lets the program know that your are doing a batch sparge.  Your settings seem to be fine for that operation.

As far as your water treatments, what are you concerned about?  You seemed to have matched an Amber Balanced profile just fine. 

Back