Author Topic: Can't download recipes  (Read 3111 times)

Offline cowboy up

• BeerSmith Brewer
Can't download recipes
« on: January 29, 2009, 11:55:36 AM »
First off I am pretty illiterate when come to using the computer. Probably more dangerous than not with it. My question is how come I cannot download recipes from the Beer Smith Web sight? When I try to I get a window that says something like my computer cannot find a file for this format. It won't let me download a BSM file. My computer is new and I have the Vistas Premium operating system. I went on line to download software for the BSM files and when I tried a window came up saying my computer has a 64 bit something or another and the BSM files require a 32 bit something or another. Any suggestion??   ??? Thanks, Cowboy Up!!

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
Re: Can't download recipes
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 04:35:11 PM »
Hi,
  Try downloading the BSM file and then open up BeerSmith and use the "Import" command on the "File" menu to open the file.  Once its opened, copy/paste any recipes you want to keep into your "My Recipes" folder or a subfolder.

Cheers,
Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here

Offline cowboy up

• BeerSmith Brewer
Re: Can't download recipes
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 09:16:55 AM »
Thanks Brad. I did what you suggested and I was able to download the recipes into my Beer Smith program. You have a great program and web sight that is invaluable to home brewers. Worth every penny. Thanks again and keep up the great work!!  Cowboy Up!!     :)

modification