• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Network Sync and flameout additions

PintOfBitter

Apprentice
Reaction score
You allow 2 instances of this program to be installed (great decision).  It would be great to have a quick way to sync two installations over the network using the import and merge function.  Maybe specify a network location during setup, and just have a Synch option that performs a merge the that location?  It could also be used as a backup function.

Also, It would be great to include the option for any ingredient to be added at flameout, since there are a number of ingredients that are recommended to be added this way.  The closest I can come is setting it for a 1min boil time.  Maybe that's just being picky  :)

Thanks!

Thanks,
  I'm looking at ways to do network synch.  It is a bit complicated due to the different ways networking is handled, but I think it may be possible.

Brad

Thanks - I'd be happy even if it required mapping a network drive myself to do it.

BeerSmith said:
Thanks,
  I'm looking at ways to do network synch.  It is a bit complicated due to the different ways networking is handled, but I think it may be possible.

Brad

Thanks Brad, I love this software and please keep developing and adding new features.

How about hosting the BSM file externally on a server somewhere and syncing all your installs form that central location?  You could maybe host these files on your web server and allow only licensed software users to access that feature.  Or, maybe you can add the ability to grab the BSM file(s) from Facebook, MySpace, Mediafire, or other similar site that allows file hosting

Back