• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello from Austria!

EddyB

Apprentice
Reaction score
My name is Eddy, I live in Styria, Austria. I started brewing after I retired five years ago. Since after only a few brews I am using BeerSmith and the organizational brewing environment Brad has built around it with delight.

I am an all grain brewer; my equipment is a SPEIDEL Braumeister 20l/5 Gallons. Over time I have modified the setting: I removed the control unit from below the kettle, I added up a pump and an inline filter from Utah Bio Diesel Supply, attached a valve in the bottom (old model) which together with the filter has improved my efficiency (as described in my first posting). To increase the volume of the mash tube and to reduce the pressure on the grainbed I bought the "increase disc" from BacBrewing.

My favorite beers are hoppy IPA's and tasty Stouts.

I am looking forward to interesting discussions to learn from your experience!

Cheers

Eddy

Sounds like a good set up and the pictures of your brewing area are great!  I wish mine were that organized and neat.

Welcome to the forum!

Back