• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith 3 will not open

Beardsmith

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a new macbook with the Mojave OS (10.14.6) and Beersmith stopped working on it. I installed it and it was working fine for about 15 minutes, then all of a sudden the program crashed. Whenever I try to relaunch it, I get a message saying:

"BeerSmith: Another Copy May Be Running
There is a file in your BeerSmith data directory that indicates another copy of BeerSmith may be using that data.
You can only run one copy of BeerSmith at a time, or you risk data loss.
If you have your BeerSmith data on a networked drive or are running another copy, please close BeerSmith before proceeding.
However if BeerSmith crashed or did not shut down properly the last time you ran it, you can proceed."

Every time I click "open Beersmith now" it immediately crashes and I get a program quit unexpectedly error report.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling it and unregistering my new computer on my Beersmith account page, but nothing seems to work.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Search the forum for this issue. Myself and others posted what it is and what to do about it.

jomebrew said:
Search the forum for this issue. Myself and others posted what it is and what to do about it.

Thanks. Didn't see it on the first page, guess I had to dig deeper.

Back