• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

inventory data base question

baer19d

Apprentice
Reaction score
I'm using Beer Smith 3, professionally licensed, at my brewery. Every so often I need to update the cost of goods sold. I create our inventory data base in beer smith and add our actual price, color, IBUs, etc. of raw materials so the calculations and cost per batch come out accurate.
Unfortunately, after I update our inventory to reflect new prices, etc. I still have to make all changes in each and every recipe that the change applies to. This is very time consuming and leaves a larger margin for error. Is there a way to sync an updated entry to all the recopies that the update applies to or for the change to automatically reflect in the recipe ?
Also, is it possible for the inventory to be cloud based like the recipes so it can be viewed on more than one computer?

While the ability to make a wide spread change in the prices for a number of recipes with one command is not available, each recipe does have and 'update prices' button which will update all of the ingredients in that recipe to the latest prices in your inventory or (for those of us who do not use the inventory feature) from the ingredient profile.

Oginme,
I didn't know about the update prices button. That will be a huge time saver.
Thanks

Back