• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Add recipe without it going on calendar

redbone

Brewer
Reaction score
I'm new... so I might have missed this, but I don't see a way to create a recipe without adding it to the calendar.  I'd like to see a way to remove the date from the recipe so its not on the calendar at all.

Hi,
  Not currently, other than to just set the date to be something well outside the normal range (1980 for example) so it does not show up anywhere...

Cheers,
Brad

The easiest way to create a new recipe is to go to your recipes and select create new recipe.  Then in the recipe, put a date of sometime in the past, (I use 2002 - about 6 years prior.)  Then go ahead and create your recipe.

You can also go into preferences and on the calendar tab select the brew log only for displaying in the calendar, that way you have some sort of control of what recipes are being shown also.

Back