• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beer Smith 3 Cloud Recipes empty

Rattertat

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've had this issue multiple times now: Cloud recipes are emptied! I think the first time I had this problem was when I was using the mobile and the desktop version almost simultaneously or in quick succession. I stopped doing that. Yesterday I was finalizing the last steps on my recipe for brewday (just quick water calculations, bit of hop schedule improvements). I saved it, printed it, closed it and I instantly thought: Wait, did I put in 6.1ml oder 61ml? I opened it again right away to find it completely empty!
I tried to open it on mobile and it couldn't download the data. So: Recipe destroyed. Thankfully I saved it as a PDF so I can recreate it but that still is rather annoying. Is there any way to prevent this? Being extra careful not to break the software and always waiting a minute before reopening something doesn't really feel right.

Besides that: I love the software!

Thank you, best wishes,
Jannis

Hi,
  If working from the desktop can you possibly go to Recipe->Recipe Archive where there should be a copy of the recipe stored.  Could you possibly recover it from there and then save it as a BSMX file and email it to beersmith at beersmith.com and I will take a look.

In most cases we've found some corrupt characters in the ingredients somehow - not sure how they get there but we've had odd data imported from very old BeerSmith 1 recipes as well as people using things like emoticons in a recipe notes page from the mobile sometimes causing issues.

Brad

Back