Author Topic: Beer Smith 3 Cloud Recipes empty  (Read 724 times)

Offline Rattertat

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Beer Smith 3 Cloud Recipes empty
« on: May 12, 2021, 04:09:38 AM »
Hey guys,

I've had this issue multiple times now: Cloud recipes are emptied! I think the first time I had this problem was when I was using the mobile and the desktop version almost simultaneously or in quick succession. I stopped doing that. Yesterday I was finalizing the last steps on my recipe for brewday (just quick water calculations, bit of hop schedule improvements). I saved it, printed it, closed it and I instantly thought: Wait, did I put in 6.1ml oder 61ml? I opened it again right away to find it completely empty!
I tried to open it on mobile and it couldn't download the data. So: Recipe destroyed. Thankfully I saved it as a PDF so I can recreate it but that still is rather annoying. Is there any way to prevent this? Being extra careful not to break the software and always waiting a minute before reopening something doesn't really feel right.

Besides that: I love the software!

Thank you, best wishes,
Jannis

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
Re: Beer Smith 3 Cloud Recipes empty
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 09:57:24 PM »
Hi,
  If working from the desktop can you possibly go to Recipe->Recipe Archive where there should be a copy of the recipe stored.  Could you possibly recover it from there and then save it as a BSMX file and email it to beersmith at beersmith.com and I will take a look.

In most cases we've found some corrupt characters in the ingredients somehow - not sure how they get there but we've had odd data imported from very old BeerSmith 1 recipes as well as people using things like emoticons in a recipe notes page from the mobile sometimes causing issues.

Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here