Author Topic: How to change the start-up folder in Beersmith 3.2.7?  (Read 1224 times)

Offline LRAT

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 3 Rocks!
How to change the start-up folder in Beersmith 3.2.7?
« on: June 05, 2021, 10:13:19 PM »
My Beersmith program always reverts to an old folder and I can't find where the start-upfolder is stored.
Every time, before I close Beersmith, I need to make a backup and double click on that folder so that Beekrsmith opens the correct folder.
In the folder there are 4 tabs for recipes (recipe, recipe1, recip2 and recipe3); So which folder is actually used to store my personal recipes?
I find the file and folder structure very confusing and would appreciate if somebody can forward me a link to a training video.
Many thanks in advance!
Luke

Offline BeerSmith

• Brewer, Author, Patriot
  • BeerSmith Administrator
  • BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith - take the guesswork out of brewing!
    • BeerSmith
Re: How to change the start-up folder in Beersmith 3.2.7?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 08:52:48 AM »
You can go to File->Change Documents Directory to change where data is stored but this must be done with some caution.

I personally would recommend making a backup first using File->Full Backup to Zip.  Then if you want to move it you need to create a new empty directory in your preferred destination and then run the File->Change Documents Directory.

Before you jump into all of this I recommend reviewing the training videos to see how the file system and My Recipes folder works a bit.  If it is not storing files or recipes properly there could be another problem so drop me an email if you have specific questions.

Videos are here: https://beersmith.com/video

Brad
Get a free trial of BeerSmith 3 here