• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

How to change the start-up folder in Beersmith 3.2.7?

LRAT

Apprentice
Reaction score
My Beersmith program always reverts to an old folder and I can't find where the start-upfolder is stored.
Every time, before I close Beersmith, I need to make a backup and double click on that folder so that Beekrsmith opens the correct folder.
In the folder there are 4 tabs for recipes (recipe, recipe1, recip2 and recipe3); So which folder is actually used to store my personal recipes?
I find the file and folder structure very confusing and would appreciate if somebody can forward me a link to a training video.
Many thanks in advance!
Luke

You can go to File->Change Documents Directory to change where data is stored but this must be done with some caution.

I personally would recommend making a backup first using File->Full Backup to Zip.  Then if you want to move it you need to create a new empty directory in your preferred destination and then run the File->Change Documents Directory.

Before you jump into all of this I recommend reviewing the training videos to see how the file system and My Recipes folder works a bit.  If it is not storing files or recipes properly there could be another problem so drop me an email if you have specific questions.

Videos are here: https://beersmith.com/video

Brad

Back