• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mash volume changes

erikn68

Apprentice
Reaction score
I have a issue that is strange.  In my mash profile, I change the mash lb/qt to equal the right volume.  I have everything listed as my preboil volume.  But when I hit ok.  The profile stays the same.  I am doing a no sparge beer.  I specify if BIAB even though it is not but all grain in mash tun with my manifold on bottom.  No bag used.  That is what I did so no sparge beer.  Any ideas to make the mash to stay at the right volume and not revert back to old.

Thanks

Erik

If you have the mash profile selected for BIAB Mash with Full Volume, then the program is giving you the full volume you need based upon your equipment profile. The program overrides your entered value to give you the full volume based upon the process you entered when you created or changed the equipment profile to model your system.

If you find that this volume is wrong, you need to figure out which parameter in your equipment profile is not correct and fix that.  Then the program will give you a calculated volume closer to that you need. 

Alternatively, if your equipment profile is set up correctly, then perhaps the amount of water you think you need for the mash is incorrect.

Back