• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Changes not saved after closing...

fer2004

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello I'm having a save isue:
For example I create a new recipe, or directory for recipes. Save it and works for normal. But when I exit beermith and open again the recipe is not being saved. (Gone)

*Edited: Video no longer needed...

I'll post the response of official support in order to help other people in case:
This is most likely a file corruption issue.  You can check before completing the below
by trying to alter another file - for example create a hop under Ingredients->Hops and
then close the program and see if it is still there.  If it is then most likely your recipe
file has issues and you can use the steps below:
----
Here's the procedure for resetting the Recipe file alone if you have a corrupted Recipe.bsmx file:

- Open BeerSmith 3.2 and go to File->Full Backup to Zip and make a zip file backup of everything (just in case)
    and store this somewhere safe on your hard drive - you should not need this but it is good to have a backup
  - Within BeerSmith from My Recipes view do a File->Export All to save all of your recipes to a new file - call it Recipe.bsmx and store it somewhere
      easily accessible like your Documents or Desktop - this will be your new Recipe.bsmx file
  - Close BeerSmith and open the Windows File Manager or Mac File Finder
  - Go to %APPDATA% (on Windows by typing into file manager toolbar) or on the Mac use the File Manager's Go->Library command to view that directory (On the Mac the Library directory may be hidden)
  - Under the AppData or Library directory is a "BeerSmith3" directory - open that directory
  - Under the BeerSmith3 directory there should be a file called Recipe.bsmx which is the main recipe file.  Replace
    that Recipe.bsmx file with the one you just saved (to your Documents or Desktop folder).  You want the new one to write
    over the old
  - Start BeerSmith 3 again and create a blank recipe and save it
  - Close BeerSmith 3 and then open it again to make sure the recipe you just created is saved

You can close the post.

Back