• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

New iPhone and Lost Recipes

jverduin

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi. I have changed iPhones several times in the past but not had this issue. In my latest upgrade, after upgrading iPhones, I have lost about 2 years of recipes. I am not 100% certain, but this latest time, I used the phone-to-phone method of upgrading via Apple's tools. I believe all past upgrades have been from backup to recovery. Is there any hope for finding the recipes now that the original phone has been wiped?

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're facing with the loss of your recipes. When using the phone-to-phone upgrade method, it's possible that not all data, including ringtones, gets transferred, especially if the content was stored in a specific app or service that didn't fully sync during the transfer.

Here are a few suggestions to explore and see if you can recover your lost recipes or ringtones:

1. Check Cloud Services:If the recipes or ringtones were stored in a specific app that uses cloud services for synchronization, ensure that the app was set up to sync data to the cloud. Check if the app has its own login or if it's connected to a service like iCloud, Google Drive, or another cloud platform. Log in to that service and see if your data is available there.
  2. App-Specific Recovery:If your recipes or ringtones were stored in a dedicated app, check if that app has its own account or backup system. Some apps offer account-based storage, and logging in might restore your data.
  3. Check iCloud Backup:Even if you used the phone-to-phone method, your previous iPhone might have been backed up to iCloud or iTunes. If you have a recent backup from your previous iPhone, you can restore your new iPhone using that backup to retrieve the lost data, including ringtones. You can check your iCloud backups on the new iPhone by going to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups.
  4. Contact Apple Support:If the data loss, including ringtones, occurred during the upgrade process, it's worth reaching out to Apple Support. They may be able to assist you in recovering data or guide you on potential solutions.
  5. Data Recovery Software:If the original iPhone has been wiped, the chances of recovering data, including ringtones, directly from it become slim. However, there are third-party data recovery tools that might help in certain cases. Connect the original iPhone to a computer and try using reputable data recovery software.
Remember to act quickly, as the longer you wait, the higher the chances of overwritten data. Additionally, if you're not comfortable using data recovery tools, consider seeking assistance from professionals or Apple Support.

I hope you can retrieve your recipes or ringtones successfully!

Back