• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Kia ora, folks

F

f8_nz

G'day and Hallo!

Bilingual greetings from New Zealand (the Maori in the subject doesn't count) and a quick introduction:

Sven here, male, 42. Born and raised in Northern Germany, environmental geologist, working and living in New Zealand for 1.5 years now and brand new to the wonderful world of brewing. Two batches are already bubbling away (I am really scared of trying the first one, a Munich Lager - I followed the instructions on the kit  ;D) and now I want to look a bit deeper into the whole thing. A man needs a hobby - now I've got two. The first one is photography (see website) and now I've started the brewing and I am looking forward to some good beers and talking to you guys about all this.

I raise a glass of Speight's (my brews are still fermenting, sorry)

Cheers
Sven

Guten tag! Wo wohnst du aus norddeutschland?

Ok my german is dimmished to langsamsprache now.

I would think NZ would be wonderful.

Welcome - glad to hear you are brewing and this is the place to get advice and questions answered.

No need to fear the beer - brewing beer is pretty forgiving.

Hi!

SOGOAK said:
Guten tag! Wo wohnst du aus norddeutschland?

Born in the Harz Mountains but moved around a bit for study and work: Kiel and Hamburg are the more known places :)

SOGOAK said:
Ok my german is dimmished to langsamsprache now.
Well done, mate! How come you know some German?

SOGOAK said:
I would think NZ would be wonderful.
I can recommend it for an extended holiday. You should swing by one day and try.

SleepySamSlim said:
Welcome - glad to hear you are brewing and this is the place to get advice and questions answered.

No need to fear the beer - brewing beer is pretty forgiving.

Thanks for the welcome!
And I really hope you are right - since I read a bit about home brewing I don't trust beer kits any more :)

Glad to have you with us. Let us know if we can help.

Cheers
Preston

Back