• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Using $Ingredients for HTML report

W

windycitydraft

I have a question concerning the reports function.  I am essentially trying to create a report that gives me the recipe/brew day information I want for a blog.  Everything works beautifully except for the recipe.

The recipe_template file has the following:  "<p align="center">$INGREDIENTS</td>" and this apparently creates the table of ingredients in a HTML table form. 

However, when I try to use that tag in a custom report, it does not give it to me in a HTML table form (and therefore, nothing lines up when viewed in a browser).

What is the best way to utilize $INGREDIENTS tag to enable me to have the ingredients in an HTML table?

How are you extracting this data? Have you tried using the text report? The only thing I could come up with was using  $MASH_INGREDIENTS and $BOIL_INGREDIENTS instead.

Have you checked this thread: http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php?topic=1465.0

Cheers
Preston

Uselessii Delbrewii lives!  HNY...

I checked my custom text report and sure enough, both codes UB mentioned work well for me.

Style: $STYLE_NAME
Recipe: $NAME TYPE: $TYPE
---RECIPE SPECIFICATIONS-----------------------------------------------
SRM: $EST_COLOR SRM RANGE: $STYLE.COLOR_RANGE
IBU: $IBU $IBU_METHOD IBU RANGE: $STYLE.IBU_RANGE
OG: $EST_OG OG RANGE: $STYLE.OG_RANGE
FG: $EST_FG FG RANGE: $STYLE.FG_RANGE
BU:GU: $BITTERNESS_RATIO Calories: $CALORIES Est ABV: $EST_ABV
EE%: $EFFICIENCY % Batch: $DISPLAY_BATCH_SIZE      Boil: $DISPLAY_BOIL_SIZE BT: $BOIL_TIME Mins
$COMPETITION.YEASTS
---WATER CHEMISTRY ADDITIONS----------------
$TASTE_NOTES
$WATER_PREP
$MASH_INGREDIENTS
Total Grain Weight: $GRAIN_WEIGHT Total Hops: $TOTAL_HOPS oz.
---MASH PROCESS------MASH PH:$MASH.PH ------
>>>>>>>>>>ADD WATER CHEMICALS BEFORE GRAINS!!<<<<<<<
$MASH_STEPS
---SPARGE PROCESS-----RECYCLE FIRST RUNNINGS !!
$SPARGE_STEPS
---BOIL PROCESS-----------------------------
Est Pre_Boil Gravity: $PRE_BOIL_OG Est OG: $EST_OG
$BOIL_INGREDIENTS
---FERM PROCESS-----------------------------
Primary Start: $PRIMARY_DATE - $PRIMARY_AGE Days at $DISPLAY_PRIMARY_TEMP
Secondary Start: $SECONDARY_DATE - $SECONDARY_AGE Days at $DISPLAY_SECONDARY_TEMP
Style Carb Range: $STYLE.CARB_RANGE
Bottling Date: $BOTTLING_DATE with $CARBONATION Volumes CO2:
---NOTES------------------------------------
$NOTES

This post reminded me I've been wanting an actual attenuation $ code.  Does one exist? 

If not, is there a way to construct formulas using other codes? 

Measured Final Gravity:  $DISPLAY_FG
Measured Original Gravity:  $DISPLAY_OG

=($DISPLAY_OG-$DISPLAY_FG)/($DISPLAY_OG) would be the actual AA% from the measured OG/FG. 

HNY to you also ML!
:) It does exist (Attenuation: $YEAST.ATTENUATION %), however it is not working with our current recipe data type. ):

Cheers
Preston

UselessBrewing said:
:) It does exist (Attenuation: $YEAST.ATTENUATION %), however it is not working with our current recipe data type.

Brad
Is there a user-fix to this data-type issue, or is it possible to do simple math with existing codes?  Pls see my earlier post on a AA% formula.  Thx.

Back